Friday 20 May 2011

Early Bird

It's near nine in the morning on a Friday. I'm typing up this post before I go to work, for my own entertainment. As much as I would hate to admit it, I think I'm starting to like blogging even more now. Samantha's asleep, she's been tired lately from staying up working on her manuscript. I'd like to tell her to rest more and take it easy. But knowing her attitude, that would be impossible.

I guess I should probably talk about what I have been doing lately. One, would be coming back home past midnight every day. Our hours have been extended in the Homicide department and we've been working as much as we can to solve this case. Our M.E. found 'abnormal details' in their toxicology reports and lead us into thinking it might not have been a simple case of suicide. In case you're wondering, we did make theories about overdoses on purpose. That was proven impossible however, when we found out he had been injected with it. Then, there's the simple fact that he also hanged himself. So either he was trying to make sure he would die more easily or someone is trying to cover up a murder.

Since then, the guys and I have been burning the midnight oil searching for clues. As far as I'm concerned, we have nothing. Danny and Jacky are both taking turns sleeping in the break room so that one of them gets to open the precinct early for us to work. I wanted to take part too, but they said I didn't have to since I only live about a fifteen minutes drive in the morning away. Caffeine's been my best friend lately and I routinely collapse on my bed every night. I'm worried about this case. It's already been days since we started the investigation and it might go cold soon.

I have to go now.

No comments:

Post a Comment